3rd Trimester

Heartbroken over my car...

So I drive an 88 Ford Mustang...I love my car to death! However it wasn't made with a/c. Last summer it spent a lot of time in the shop (we replaced the engine which was hard to find due to the fit, the radiator, transmission parts, and so on). My car is kind of a project car. I have spared no expense so far. Brand new tires, belts, and so on. However...my car doesn't have a/c in it. I'm not supposed to have my baby until March/April, but the weather has been so unpredictable that I know I need to have a/c put in it. I get that people have survived for forever and a day without a/c but I myself have gotten heat stroke at 60 degrees and I won't risk it.

However it's going to cost $1000 to install a/c because it came from Ford without anything for the a/c except a few parts to ensure that the heater worked. So we have to buy all new parts ($500 roughly) and then the cost of labor ($500). So I'm not sure if I should just put a/c in it or if I should get a different car to use for my daughter. My mechanic has some cars for sale and he's a family friend, so there's not an issue on me getting screwed over or anything. I'm just torn as to if it's just better to get a new car than to keep putting money into my current baby aka the Mustang. Besides the a/c the only thing my car needs is a new muffler.  I'm just worried that if I get a different car that it will break down when I know what all is up with my current car and it has good tires and so on.

What do you ladies think? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml