Upstate NY Babies

Operation Big Girl Bed:

commenced last night. We have been wanting to move C to a new room and leave the nursery for the new baby, so I finally got everything together and pulled the trigger. We put a gate on her door so she couldn't wander, left the room pretty bare bones except for her comfort things from her crib, and just let her have at it. At first we tried to lay down with her, but since we rarely spend time upstairs, and this room has been closed off (because I've been working on her dresser), she needed to explore. So we read a couple stories, turned on her projector and just left her up there. We could hear her padding around, and she ended up sleeping curled up on the comforter from her bedding set, which I had laid at the foot of the bed in case she rolled off. So she didn't actually sleep IN bed, but she did sleep there the whole night and while it took over an hour for her to actually lay down, the only time she cried in the whole process was when the cat jumped over the gate and scared her. So I am calling last night a win. Hope it continues to go well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml