3rd Trimester

ftm vent; growth sono 38w

the OB office i go to has 7 doctors, and at my first appointment i was told i would be rotated through each doctor, so i'd see each one atleast once so on delivery day i wouldn't have a stranger delivering my baby (who ever is on call is who delivers me) i was fine with that and over these months i have only seen 3 of them regularly, and haven't met the other 4. no biggie, BUT what really bothers me about seeing 3 different doctors all the time is that they always tell me 3 different things.

i went to the doctors on friday, and i had lost 2 pounds, babies heartbeat was fine, i was 2cm dilated,  bp was a teeny bit high but she wasnt concerned cause id been normal the whole pregnancy she told me to take it easy and come back in on monday (today) so i go in and see a different doctor. BP was fine heartrate was fine, and then she said i had gained 5 pounds since friday; WHAT!? 5 pounds in 3 days? she said it was probably due to swelling cause i have looked like a balloon all weekend. then she went to measure my belly and started feeling around and pushing and said "are you sure you're 38 weeks? the baby feels small" yes i am sure i am 38 weeks. then she checked me and said i was still closed long and hard. so i'm not concerned about progress but size of baby yes. he was 5lb 11oz at 35w4d; which the tech said was on target, 36th percentile; so i have to get a growth sono done this afternoon.

on friday the doctor said nothing about him "feeling" small. and now this lady is concerned because she doesn't feel i am 38 weeks.  i've had 2 growth sono's so far; because 2 out of the 3 doctors i see say he is small.

now this is my first baby, and i am sure i am doing everything i possibly can to grow a healthy baby, i don't see why they keep saying he is small. i don't know how big he is supposed to be, and i dont see how an almost 6 pound baby is a small baby; when they took that measurement i still had 5 weeks left. and the doctor said that she guessed about a 6.5 7lb baby when i have him (EDD 2-20) isn't that a fine weight for a FTM's baby? why do they keep telling me he is small!?!?! ugh.

thanks for reading; i'm so frustrated, i hope after this sono they'll tell me he's fine and STOP TELLING ME HE'S SMALL!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml