2nd Trimester

My must haves... thought I'd share :)

Hi ladies! I have to say I miss my pg days so much, they were so amazing but not nearly amazing as the beautiful little peanut I get to hold in my arms every day! :) My friend and I were talking today about our "totally worth the money"s and "must have"s and I wanted to share a couple of mine with you, as I assume you are building your registries and preparing for your showers! :) Well first off for my pregnancy I absolutely loved my Snoogle pillow! It was a godsend from about 24wks on (when I started to pop)!

If your BFing: my boppy was really more of a PITA at first but after about a month I really enjoy using it and it comes in handy to sit DD up so she can hang out with us and look around. Best nursing tank, bestform nursing cami from Walmart, (I tried target and motherhood ones too) the clasp is very easy to get undone, they are nice and supportive (I was a DD when my milk came in, now I'm a full D), the material is thick enough to not leak through every time and to give you a smooth looking chest even with pads in and they are only $15. Worth the money, Bebe Au Lait nursing cover! I swear get one, all the others are so small and flimsy they just don't work well, I've tried several before I finally conned FI into spending the money for this one.

For baby: The most amazing swaddle blankets, the flannel ones just are never big enough and the sacks can be expensive and aren't as versatile, you can find them in the baby section at Walmart, over by the onsies and it's a single blanket for $8 called Swaddle Blanket, they have a a girl and boy version and these are amazing mamas absolutely amazing! They are a double layer, stretchy cotton that you can make as tight or as loose as you want DD is now over 10lbs and she still has plenty of room to grow with it, it folds up into a neat little square... they make great burp clothes, towels (double layer is absorbent) and DD loves it and she hates to be swaddled in anything else AND she has a hell of a time wiggling her butt out of it. Pre-fold cloth diapers make the best burp clothes, the flannel and terry cloth ones that I recieved at my shower aren't very useful, it just soaks right through them. You can find fun colored ones at walm-mart about $6 for 5 of them! Best pjs: Stretchies at The Children's Place, they are super soft cotton that zip and have a bit of elastic on the back of the heel so it actually keeps LO's feet in place! And the patterns are adorable and there are so many of them to choose from! Worth the money: Fisher Price 2-in-1 Precious Planet Projection mobile, DD will lay in bed for hours watching the fun little animal projection slide show, it has several lullabies and 2 nature sounds and a heartbeat sound, it plays for about 20mins and has a remote to restart it so LO doesn't even have to see you and get all woken up again. Graco Sweetpeace soother swing, it's a good chunk ($180) but really amazing! The seat comes out of it too and it will hold your carseat and when LO falls asleep in the car chances are he will wake up when you go to move him to your swing and with this you don't even have to take him out! There's tons of other great features too... look it up! Another swing that is really good is my friend's Fisher Price Rainforest Open Top Cradle Swing ($105 Walmart). Also, make sure whatever swing you get has an AC adapter, you will spend a fortune in batteries if you don't... I made that mistake. Prince LionHeart Wash Pod. Greatest bath tub, washing little butts can be tricky in it but all the babies that I know of love theirs, it keeps them sitting in an upright position and nice and snuggly warm just like in the womb!

Carriers: Don't get a baby bjorn, LO shouldn't be in it until at least 5 months because of the way it splays their hips and they are terribly uncomfortable on your shoulders and neck. Best savings i found was the Mei Tai... it's a great carrier but Infantino makes the same style it's called the Sash Mei Tai and it's only $35 at BRU. DD loves hers, it puts baby in a natural seated position all snuggled up to you. Best investments, my Maya Wrap Ring Sling and my Becco Butterfly 2, both great in there own ways.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml