Single Parents

Pregnant, baby daddy 2.5 hrs away....

So I'm not with the father of my unborn baby. We are friends and are very civil with each other. He is against moving by me and I don't want to move away from my family and job to be by him just so he can see his baby. I WANT him to see our child but I feel like it should be up to him to make the effort to come by me. His reasoning for not wanting to move is basically that he needs a stable environment and he recently told me he thinks he may be bipolar.. (awesome.)

He really wants to be apart of LO's life and I want him to be there, too. I just feel like there is no middle ground. He feels like it's unfair that he won't be seeing our baby as much as I do. I keep asking him what I can do to make him feel like he's more involved or what I can do to make him less upset but he has yet to give me a response. He's also upset with the idea of child support if he doesn't get to see LO very often....

Distance seems to be our main factor. And I don't want to get dirty but I feel like if I have to, I have a lot on him to prove I am more fit to raise our child than he is. I guess I'm just looking for advice or wondering if anyone else is struggling with distance with a father who wants to be involved as much as possible.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml