2nd Trimester

Help choosing a crib

Ok, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place (I couldn't find the nursery section a few people have mentioned?) and I swear it's not spam!

We're going to start getting things for the nursery soon, or at least start looking. I know that there are guides all over the place to choosing a safe crib, but there are a few things I'm confused about. So, the bars/slats have to be a certain distance apart (I can't rembmer what that is now). All of the cribs I'm looking at online don't specify how far apart they are: is it safe to assume that it's a legal requirement, so they will be the right distance? (Obviously when we get a crib we will measure everything to be sure, but I'd like to know that we can order something online without having to go see it in stores first)

Same with the mattress size. Are cribs/mattresses a standard size?  I know that having a gap between the mattress and the crib above a certain size is a huge safety risk. Do I need to check the measurements of everything before I buy, or can I assume it will be alright and check it after? Gaaaah!

Finally, am I allowed to post some cribs I'm looking at on here, and have people tell me whether they've used them? Or does that violate any forum rules?