2nd Trimester

Having a girl

Hubby & I went baby shopping for the first time the other day. I gravitated to neutral & cute girly items. Everything he kept gravitating to, was for boy... Wonder if he's bummed or just that it hasn't fully set in we're having a daughter? He grew up in a very 'masculine' home just him, his brother & mom - even his mom is, dare I say, mannish. I don't mean that in a derogatory manner but she lost her husband when my DH & his brother were in their early teens, so she had to play role of both mother & father...

Where as I too grew up in a single mother environment with two brothers but still seemed to have a fairly neutral upbringing. I just hope he lets our daughter identify with her gender & that it's okay to be girly yet still be a strong person, cause from day 1 he's seemed ridiculously nervous about having a girl. My thoughts though, first time parent jitters. I'm not too nervous since I practically raised my youngest siblings on the other hand he's never even held a baby much less changed a diaper or fed a baby... LoL this is going to be fun stuff!