Babies: 0 - 3 Months

breastfeeding questions

Hi all,

A few questions re: breastfeeding.  One--is anyone NOT experiencing that "let down" feeling?  I don't really feel anything in either breast when she starts nursing. I know milk is coming out because I can hand express it, but there's no tingling sensation or anything else that I've heard let down described as.

Also, my boobs are rarely engorged (I gave birth 1 week ago).  They pretty much feel soft all the time. Is that normal?  Anyone else not feeling that "rock hard" feeling?

How often are your LOs nursing?  My daughter just started waking up every hour and half to two hours at night (about 2-3 hours during the day) and nursing FOREVER.  She spends like 20 minutes per breast!  How do y'all know when they are finished feeding? 

Lastly, what do y'all do during the day with the babies?  I've been spending a lot of time on the couch nursing and watching TV/reading...feels slightly indulgent? I mean, I know we're working hard keeping these babies fed and happy, but I feel like I should be doing something else too...maybe that's just the Type A personality coming out.

Thanks to anyone who has any advice!  FTM here and I have no idea what I'm doing lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker