3rd Trimester

Induction (Monday or wait?)

I went in today (barely a fingertip dilated, 60% effaced - apparently with 2nd+ pregnancies you dilate before you efface??) and OB scheduled induction on Monday night. EDD is Tuesday the 31st. DH's birthday is Wednesday the 1st. Grandparents will watch DS but are going out of town the following week on the 7th.

Should I keep my scheduled induction?  Should I postpone it a few days or schedule it so she shares a birthday with her Dad?  Should I wait for mother nature to do her thing (I haven't had any contractions since before my surgery - see backstory).

Backstory:

My son was born at 39 weeks after my water broke, no progress, lots of pitocin, second water sac was found and manually broken, delivered after 22 hours labor (2 pushing).

Last week I had to have emergency surgery on hemorrhoids that developed blood clots. I'm almost 100% healed from that but it's very uncomfortable still to have a BM. I plan on getting an epidural and have been assured that pushing during vaginal delivery will not further damage my bottom but I worry still (they have never bothered me until last week but they originally developed while pushing with my son).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker