3rd Trimester

2nd + time moms: Anything you'll do different?

As far as L&D, after the baby is born, first few weeks?

Here's a couple of mine,

1) Last time we called our parents almost literally the second he entered the world. They both live about 30 minutes from the hospital, so we figured we'd have a little bit of time before they got there. Well, he was a month early (but 7.5 lbs!), so in addition to cleaning, and weighing him, they also watched him for about half an hour to make sure his lungs were ok (they were). They were just bringing him back to me when our parents showed up. I made DH tell them to wait outside for a few minutes so I could actually hold my child! I hadn't even seen him enough to decide if the name we picked out fit him! And I didn't even realize until DH mentioned the other day, that he didn't even get to really hold him until a couple hours later! This time we will be waiting until he's in our arms for awhile before we even think about calling!

2) Kind of related, but because of not spending alone time with him before everyone showed up, I didn't get a chance to try to BF right away. As a first time mom, it was not something I though to do immediately, and honestly, the first time I remember trying to BF was the next morning (I could have tried before that, but I don't remember). Not sure if that contributed to my supply issues, but it couldn't have helped! So this time I will try to BF as soon as possible, before calling in our family!

So what are yours? Maybe this will be some good insight for FTMs as well!

...and I keep refering to this baby as 'him', even though we don't know what we're having....Huh?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml