Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Straining to poop/gas?

Hi ladies-

LO seems to strain to poop first thing in the morning and in the evening as well.  For the morning, she wiggles around until I undo her swaddle (she's sleeping in a RNP) and then usually she can do her business. Around dinnertime, she typically begins having trouble taking a bottle from what seems to be gas build up (stopping every couple of swallows to fuss even though she's still hungry, arching back and needing to be burped, etc- doesn't matter if it's a bottle of formula or breastmilk). Once she lets out forceful gas or poop, her demeanor completely transforms and she settles.

It doesn't seem to be an overall issue with the specific bottles or formula we use or my breastmilk since it's not an issue any other time of day (I give her a mix of formula and/or breastmilk bottles throughout the day as well as breastfeed)- so is her digestive system just still figuring itself out? I'm going to be asking about this at our 2 month ped appointment, but figured I'd check in with you all to see your experiences as well.  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml