Babies: 0 - 3 Months

FFers: how much/how often is your 2 m/o eating?

I gave up BFing a few weeks ago due to DD having a milk protein allergy AND some other allergy (blood in stool, nasty diaper rash), we're not sure what.  She's had lots of trouble with the bottle, but we found she did pretty well with Drop Ins, so that's what we're using.

But the pedi told us she should be taking about 32 oz a day (per 24-hour period).  She's not taking even close to that.  We have to really push her just to get her to take 20-24 oz.  We are throwing away SO much formula, because we never know how much she is going to drink.  And she'll refuse to eat more than 1/2 oz, and an hour later is screaming, so we figure she is hungry, and then she'll drink 3 oz, and 4 hours later she is screaming but won't drink anything.  She's not sleeping, either.  I never know if she's tired, hungry, bored, in pain or what.

Anyway, I need to know what other kids are doing at 2 months - how many times a day are they eating, and how many ounces each time?

Right now, DD is having at least 7 bottles per 24 hour period, and drinking anywhere from 1/2 oz to 5 1/2 oz, but the average is about 3 oz.  I don't know how to consolidate this.  It seems like we're doing something wrong :(

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers