Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Expressed milk without breastfeeding first? Need input.

I put this on the breastfeeding board also but thought you gals might be helpful as well: 

This is sort of my ideal - that I will begin pumping immediately and will be feeding baby from a bottle from the get go - I understand the benefits of breast milk but I just can't get my head wrapped around breast feeding for some reason. I know we're built for it but...I just can't reconcile that in my brain so I've been trying to come up with the most beneficial arrangement for baby and I.

Everything that I have been reading suggests starting out by breast feeding for at least 3 weeks to get an established supply...but if I am going to pump as if I was breast feeding (i.e. everytime I have to feed baby I am going to finish by pumping for the next feeding) I would assume that would work just as well.

We also know a couple of people that had trouble with their milk supply and didn't realize that baby wasn't getting anything...I feel like pumping from the get go will help avoid that situation as well because I will be able to see what I'm getting out and also what baby is actually consuming.

In any event, just wondering if anyone else has gone through this.

FYI: I have already purchased a pump and am aware that I may have issues breast feeding and might have just thrown the money away but I am hopeful that any issues can be worked out. If not I'll deal.

Anniversary <a href="http://www.thenest.com/? utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D