3rd Trimester

Ladies who plan to breast feed and/or pump.

I'm sure you've looked into the cost of quality breast pumps as I did. They can be really pricey. It was a source of anxiety for me because I didn't want to spend that much, if there was a possibility I would be unable to breast feed.

Well, we went to baby's R us this weekend and were talking to the people at the registry desk about the registry completion coupon because I wanted to use it for my breast pump. She told me to talk to my insurance company before I purchased one to see if any of the cost would be covered. She said not to ask if the one I wanted was covered, but to ask which pumps would be covered. I did just that a few minutes ago and found out that the medela instyle double electric pump would be covered 100% with a script from my doctor because I planned to go back to work (school was also an option). Call to talk to your insurance company to ask about it. The worst they'll say is no. 

The woman at baby's r us also told me that there is a new IRS tax law that allows you to claim a breast pump on your taxes. It's something to consider if you itemize your returns.

Just a few helpful tips. I hope someone else can benefit too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml