2nd Trimester

advice on strollers

DH and I have started looking at baby gear online and one place we're stuck is on a stroller.  Would very much welcome advice from some other moms/moms to be out there.

As a start we don't have/need/plan on buying a car.  We live in an urban area where we walk everywhere.  In all likelihood we will use a car seat once to bring the baby home from the hospital (taxi), then not again until the baby is five months old when we go to my parents' place for Christmas.   After then we will use a car seat only a few times a year when visiting family.  

A snap and go system seems to be the popular choice among moms, but I assume mostly so because of ease of transfer from the car.  This won't be an issue for us, especially considering that the baby may have grown out of an infant car seat by the time we are home for Christmas.  I also wonder if snap and gos are built for the heavy duty use that we would put it through.  I can walk several hours a day (yes, this may change once baby arrives), and many of the roads are cobblestone.  

The other options are a travel system, then a convertible car seat once needed; or a standard stroller and a convertible car seat from infancy on.  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially from other car-less moms.  Our bottom line concern isn't money, but rather practicality and the best fit for our needs. Thanks in advance :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml