Babies: 0 - 3 Months

NE1 get billed for "false alarm" trip to L&D?

TIA for your input.

If you went to labor and delivery early, went home (and went back a different day to have your baby)  - did you get charged separately for that early trip?

I was surprised yesterday to get an EOB from my insurance showing charges from both the hospital and the ob/gyn practice for the visit. I thought it would be covered under the "universal" fee they each charge for the actual delivery. I'll be calling the office on Monday, but just curious of other's experiences. Specifically the ob charged two line items "office visit" and "surgery ob-gyn" for $358; the hospital charged two line items "minor surgery" and "observation room" for $669.67. (I'll pay less due to write offs and co-insurance)

I went to L&D at 34 wks and again at 35wks w/reg contractions (6 min apart) but they didn't progress so they sent me home. All they did while I was there was check my cervix and have me on the heart rate/contraction monitor, no drugs or true procedures were performed.

Married June '03. DS born Jan '09. DD born Feb '12. No, we didn't choose to be childless for the first 6 years, only the first 3.