2nd Trimester

Oh Sugar!!

Before becoming pregnant - We generally ate healthy, but dessert was my best friend. Instead of a vegetable drawer, we have a candy drawer in my house. We'd eat less dinner to share dessert. Sometime's during the summer, we'd even just skip dinner and just have a ice cream sundae instead. Everything is ok in moderation and hard work at the gym! :)

In my first trimester, anything sweet would make me sick. I never got m/s but generally it just didnt agree with me at all. I mainly only wanted healthier foods like granola bars, yogurt, graham crackers. So needless to say, dessert fell by the wayside. My hubby would still get it but I wasn't interested at all.

Well, hello second trimester - I now crave pastries, cupcakes and ice cream. Ice cream has always been my vice, and i still can only have it in small amounts. Weird though, I used to only love chocolate cake...last night I had the worst craving for vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Needless to say, I baked them myself! They were fabulous!!! I'm still kind of all set with cookies and chocolate candy though. 

Weird how your tastes change to crave different items at different times!! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers