Single Parents

Does this sound pathetic?

Sorry this is gonna be a major vent. So I am not a single parent but currently my sis in law is while my brother is deployed. She is taking everyone for granted and rubs it in that she is a "single" parent. Which she is not my brother supports them financially and he calls or skypes at least once a day. She has a nanny that comes at least twice a week and her parents are their every weekend, every time I have gone there, there is a different babysitter. I know a lot of single parents but no one is this needy. She calls my husband to do her "fix it" projects, she even called him when the toilet was plugged! Recently she and my brother told my mom that since she hasn't been helping that much that my mom is not allowed to see her grandchildren. Excuse me but my mom lives 3 hrs away from them and works 60 hrs a week, when the heck is my mom supposed to drive 3 hrs to help her out. Not to mention that they are down in the area (10 miles away) every month visiting other relatives and they have never once stopped by to visit my parents. Now because I stuck up for my mom and said it's not her fault she doesn't have time to help her they disowned my husband and I as well. Any advice is welcome or do you think I'm out of proportion?