2nd Trimester

advice...is DH really interested...?

This is my second child but my DH's first.  He really wanted to start a family so I thought he would really get into the whole process once I started showing and he could feel the baby move.  I even bought him a book for expectant fathers written from a man's perspective.  But I can tell he isn't reading the book because he doesn't have a clue about what I'm going through.  I sometimes feel really alone and wish he would take more of an interest. 

When we went to Babys R Us he seemed more concerned with how we could save money on the larger items we need to purchase before she gets here (mind you my best friend bought us a BOB stroller as a gift already).  It kind of ruined the experience for me.  We just recently spent money on our wedding so I understand the need to stay on budget but it seemed like that was the only thing on his mind.  He kept mentioning how we should keep looking on Craigslist for the changing table and crib and possibly get a used glidder chair and ottoman from his sister.  He even mentioned turning our desk into a changing table.  I reminded him that whatever we do end up purchasing we could always resell after the fact if we decide not to have another child (he has always mentioned wanting at least 2 kids of his own).  So in my mind it seems more practical to invest in a couple items that are going to last the next few years in case we decide to get pregnant again.

I honestly thought he would want the very best for his first child, his little girl.  I know I shouldn't have any expectations because that just leads to disappointment but I honestly wasn't expecting the reaction he's had towards our pregnancy.  He's my best friend so I thought he would get more involved or be more interested.  Am I expecting too much?  Has anyone else ever felt like this?