2nd Trimester

Started registry and overwhelmed!

Yesterday I went to Pottery Barn Kids to start a registry--I like their cribs, changing tables and bedding. But I swear everything is so expensive! We are going to do a registry at Babies R Us as well for the stroller, car seat, etc..and I want there to be affordable items for my baby shower. But I don't want to be cheap on the crib/changing table as it's for our little girl but our parents will be buying these items and I don't want to be out of control either..

Where has everyone registered? And what crib/changing table are you purchasing? I'm worried about things being sturdy and passing safety guidelines.

Also my family is stressing me out cause my Mom says for us to get what we want and then the next minute she's saying we are spending too much money-My parents are retired and don't have a boatload of cash but it's not like I'm asking for stuff..DH and I decided whatever we don't get we will purchase ourselves..But my MIL who is in a better financial position is suggesting PB Kids and baby boutiques for the furniture..

Sorry for the rant..just frustrated..