2nd Trimester

Welcome to motherhood! REALITY CHECK

DH ran the marathon this weekend.  (super proud!)  Our friend also did the 5K, so I watched her littlest man (10 months) whilst she did her thing.  I had little dude parked in stroller beside me, while I was on the bleachers.  At the half hour mark, I started watching for her really closely, but was having a hard time because little dude was upset about the noise of the crowd.  CryingNo Love them, but dude has separation anxiety, and Cheerios and holding him were only doing so much to soothe him, what with me not being Mom and all.

Cue complete stranger expert mother: "UM, EXCUSE ME - HE'S CRYING."

Me:  "Uh, yeah - I'm aware."

CSEM:  "You should probably take care of him!" - (in nastiest tone imaginable)

Me:  Shock, digust, and death glare.

At least the dude beside me chuckled a bit, because he knew I had been fighting the man the whole time. 

Worst part:  friend was already finished at this point, and I had missed her.  I stayed around until the weak in the herd were coming in and I figured there's no way that those people were ahead of her.  So all that judgement when baby and mama could have been reunited 10 mins earlier.  Tongue Tied sigh.

This made me realize that no stupid thing anyone says to me while pregnant will bother me, because now I've seen what kind of insanity is on the other side.