2nd Trimester

Day in the ER

Hello Bumpies,

well today was scary, over the last 2 nights i have gotten severe right lowerback pains. Today i could not bear the pain anymore so i went to the er. As soon as i got there and they found out i was pregnant, they sent me to the labour and delivary ward.

After waiting 8 hours in a comfy hospital bed and my hubby waiting in the most uncomfortable chair ever (what a trooper) they informed me that my right kidney is more full then my left and not filtering as well as the other and that with our little guy getting heavier the ligament pain is likely another contributer.

I was put through multiple tests and another ultrasound for my kidneys and since my tech was awesome, she let me get another peak of our little guy (who looked as amazing as ever)

The md said that both of these things are quite normal in this stage of pregnancy, so that was a relief, to deal with the pain she prescribed tylenol #3's (which are okay for pregnant women to take...little did i know!) and i feel soo much better.

What a relief!

Overall our day went from being horrible to amazing just b/c we got to see our baby brody again :) I cannot even begin to praise my husband for being there all day with me and acting like it was nothing, he is my rock! <3