2nd Trimester

Is it wrong to write "No baby clothing please" on the shower invite?

Money is so tight with this little one on the way, and I am really worried about actually getting the things that I really really NEED from my registry. Everyone already knows the sex of the baby and I fear that I'm just going to get swamped with infant boy clothing that he won't even be able to wear for very long. I hate to sound seflish, but I've been to other showers where it is just outfit after outfit opened, and they end up getting none of the important equipment needed for the baby. I already have relatives telling me they are going out and buying gifts for the baby, which I am very grateful for, but I haven't sent out my shower invite with my registry info on it yet. I don't know a polite way to say "please stick to the registry" without offending people! A lot of items on our wedding registry weren't purchased and we ended up getting a lot of things we already had, which I guess is why I'm worried about it so much. I'm sure this is a concern we all deal with when having a shower, and I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this. Do you think it is in poor taste to write, "No clothing, please" underneath my registry info on the invitations?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml