2nd Trimester

Please help a FTM...What EXACTLY does round ligament pain feel like?

Hi ladies,

I'm one of those anxious first time moms who is not having the most easygoing pregnancy and am looking for help!

This week I found out I have a small blood clot and am on "partial bed rest" until they check it in a month, when it either will have gotten bigger or gotten smaller/gone away. Basically, when I'm not at work, I am supposed to be lying down and resting. Which is exactly what I've been doing.

The problem is this weird cramping. I haven't had it up to this point, but it's really low, sometimes on the left side, sometimes on the right, and sometimes in the middle. My doctor didn't seem concerned when I told him, but I'm wondering if it has to do with the blood clot or if it's this round ligament pain I've been hearing about.

So after that rambling...these are my questions. What exactly does RLP feel like? Where do you feel it? Is it constant, or is it just kind of like sharp (or dull) pangs that come and go? I really am clueless here, but I'd like to hope it's RLP that I'm feeling and not some complication.

Thanks in advance for your help!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml