2nd Trimester

Graco SnugRide Infant Carseat 30 vs. 35 size?

I'm in the process of building my registry and have decided to go with the Graco SungRide Infant carseat. There are 3 different sizes in this carseat and I'm trying to decide between the medium and large sizes. Originally, I registered for the 35 because I figured we would get the most use out of the biggest size. Then I talked to my sister in law who has 2 kids already and she recommended going with the the 30 (med) size. She said that usually long before the child gets to 30 inches, they are big enough and old enough to change to the forward facing carseat, so the biggest one is not really necessary. She said the 30 is also smaller and lighter, which makes it easier to pop out of the carseat base and use it as a carrier, and also easier to snap it into the stroller frame. She said when you are out and about running errands with the baby, the smaller and lighter the better b/c you learn to appreciate the ease of operation when you are lugging crap around. There is also a difference of about $40 in price between the two sizes. I guess I am just still worried about my baby growing out of the 30 too quickly but I don't really know any better. I registered for a Britax convertible seat for the big kid seat. Can any of you veteran mommies give me your opinion on this issue? Carseat shopping is very mind-boggling and overwhelming!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml