Single Parents

Did my attorney lie to me or just not understand the law??

I have a TPO. We were supposed to go before the judge on the 10th to ask for a 12 month protective order. That was postponed. I have two different emails from my attorney stating that the TPO is still in effect and will expire after 30 days.  She said that the fact that we postponed the hearing should not effect that TPO being valid.

Well ex called me last night and asked to pick up LO from day care today - I said no, there is a TPO in effect and he said no there is not. His attorney had paperwork proving otherwise.

I called a detective in my county to get the story straight and she confirmed that the TPO is in the system as INACTIVE! She said that becuase we didnt go to the hearing on the 10th - the TPO expired... NOT 30 days!!

You would think an attorney should understand the law enough to know about TPO's right? 

This puts a bad taste in my mouth about her. She also told me the TPO hearing in on the calendar for next week but the detective said it is not.  WTF????

I swear, I have the worst luck. My Gyno shut down when I was 36 weeks pregnant and I had alread paid the whole deducible and then one day I called and they were shut down. They never filed them claim, only pocketed the deductible money so I ended up having to pay the deductible twice.....now I get a lawyer who lies and/or has no idea what she is doing!!!  OMG!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml