Single Parents

PFA & Court Date

Well, DD's father got a PFA out on me. He took DD on Christmas Eve for a few hours, and was supposed to take her this past Saturday but I never heard from him. He wouldn't return my emails or anything. So I went to his work (where I used to work), and tried to talk to him. He forced me to leave, and called the cops. So he got a PFA (protection from abuse) order out on me. Now we have a court date for that on the 23rd of this month. Not looking forward to it. I have a lawyer, and I heard he is very good. I never realized how expensive they are. I'll be paying this guy $250/hr!

Which brings me to my next point. I still am so undecided as to what I should do. He wants a paternity test done (well, I think his wife does). Which is fine, I guess. I know my daughter is his, but he's just being a typical a**hole and trying to deny her now. I don't know whether to proceed with paternity & child support. I know she is entitled to any money, but I can truly tell he doesn't want to be a part of her life. And getting the PFA on me just proved that even more. If I do get support, I will let him proceed with the rest (custody/visitation). I am just so lost... I don't know what to do. There are pros and cons to everything. He's taking care of his other 2 children, but not my DD. Makes me wonder.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker