2nd Trimester

Update to Changing Drs (long)

I went in today because the pains on my right side continued. They were sharp pains last night and one today otherwise a dull ache and hurt to touch.

I called 4 times this morning before finally talking to the nurse. They said, "She will call you right back" the first two times and left me on hold for 7min the third. I was considering going to the emergency room if they didn't finally talk to me!

Finally I got through,  she said to come in. I got there she asked where the pain is, I said my right side, she said by the hips, I said no. This told her it's not RLP. We listened to the HB which took what felt like forever to find! It was 158bpm which she said is good.

Dr. came in, said 2lbs in 2weeks was too much again to gain. Poked around my stomach, said my uterus is still just above my pelvic bone. He then said everything feels fine, the pain in my hips is normal, it is just ligament pain and nothing to be concerned about. I told him it's not in my hips it in my side, he said yes the back side will hurt to, but it's still just ligament pain. I said no, took his hand, and said it's here! in my side! He said hm, well the only other thing in that area is your appendix but you are not nauseous or have a fever so I don't think it's that. Then said ok, so I will see you at your next appt in 2 weeks, bye now, and left!

I was very upset! I left the Dr.s office, got in my car and called the other office right away. When I told them about the side pain they asked if I mentioned it to my previous Dr. and said yes, I was in today for it. They asked what it is, I explained what happened and they got me in for Thursday am. The cost is $350 more than I had planned to pay but think that the peace of mind will be well worth it!