2nd Trimester

Hormonal explosion

I live in Alabama, where football is king and Southern hospitality abounds... or so I thought.

This morning, some [insert bad name here] ran me off the road trying to get in the right lane at the last moment to get on the interstate.  I heard a loud noise under my car and pulled into a gas station to check it out.  I didn't see damage to the car or tires, so I got back on the road and on the interstate.  As soon as I hit the bottom of the ramp, my tire pressure light came on.  I have nitrogen-inflated tires, so I NEVER see this light.  I knew I had a flat.

Instead of stopping on the side of the interstate, I drove 5 miles to the next exit and stopped at a gas station to inspect the damage.  Yup, it was flat alright- it was sitting on the rim. I can change a tire, no big deal, but I'm pregnant!  I didn't want to lift the tire or exert the pressure necessary, so I called my husband... who was still asleep.  

A few people came by and pointed at my tire, but didn't volunteer to help.  Down here, that's unheard of.  I got so frustrated that my husband wasn't answering and I had nobody to call for help, that I just got back in my car, busted out crying for a few minutes, screamed at dashboard because my husband's phone was on silent and kept calling my husband.  38 calls later, he finally woke up and came to my rescue.

I needed new tires anyway, so I called to make sure they had them in stock... twice.  Now that my car's there, the tires are suddenly not in stock.  These people do not want my hormones today. ha.  I'm laughing because it's not a huge deal, but certainly feels that way right now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml