Upstate NY Babies

Potty training and Pull Ups?

We are working on potty training in our house. Belle goes when we put her on the potty or she will sit on it even if she doesn't have to go. The problem is she won't tell us when she has to go. When we ask her she will tell us no and rarely yes. Very rarely she wakes up dry. When she does I put her on right away and she goes. She gets really excited and proud when she goes, but that's where it stops.

We tried giving her stickers and that lasted for a really short time before she wouldn't even ask for them or think about them. We tried giving her prizes but she didn't get why she was getting them even though we told her and made a big deal out of it. We cheer for her every time. She told me last week for the first time she had to go on her own. We praised her for telling us she had to go and she was really proud but she hasn't told us again. She tells us she will when we ask her if she is going to tell us when she has to go potty but she never does.

My mom is insiting we try pull ups because she can pull them up and down on her own. I have read a lot that pull ups really don't help the situation and can delay potty training and I don't think pull ups are going to help our problem. Well my mom bought a box yesterday when she was out. What your opinions on pull ups? Any advice. We are not full force on potty training. Belle took interest in potty training right before her birthday we went with it and she slowly lost interest. Honestly, I have no clue what I am doing.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml