Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Post-Partum Bleeding

I'm 2 weeks postpartum with my second child.  My PP bleeding had really slowed (stopped) around 1 week PP.  Then last Thursday, I had some bright red bleeding so I figured I had done too much (first day home with baby alone).  So I spent the next 2 days sitting around doing a while bunch of nothing but taking care of my baby.  Then the same thing happens Saturday.  So I continue resting and then on Sunday I soaked a pad with bight red bleeding in an hour.  Called the after hours number and spoke to the Dr. on call for my OB.  He said to rest and call my normal OB today and that he'd probably want to see me.  So I called today and the nurse wasn't very helpful.  She told me that it's normal, and I can bleed for up to 6 weeks and that I should just keep resting....but that if I wanted to be seen, I could be.  I'm really very frustrated by the bleeding because I'm really trying hard to do the right thing and rest and not over do everything and it seemed like a lot of bleeding yesterday for having done nothing.  So I'm going to my appointment in about an hour, but I really get the impression that they're just doing this to humor me because I got a little upset on the phone.

Anyone else having similar bleeding issues?  I just want it to taper off so that I can take a walk around the block with my baby in the stroller and get out of this house.  I'm going stir crazy here!