Babies: 0 - 3 Months

DS's leg is broken...

So we have had a crazy, scary, sad weekend.  My DH takes the first feeding with my DS2 at nights so I can get a good stretch of sleep every night.  Well at 11:00 on Thursday night, he got up to do the feeding as usual.  When he was done he went to bring him back upstairs and he stepped on one of DS1 toy trucks when he was holding Henry (DS2).  He fell on his side while holding Henry.  He knew right away that something wasn't right and he ran him up to me.  I checked his leg, DH was pretty sure he had landed on his leg, and when I moved it, it clicked.  We packed everyone up and headed to the emergency room.  

Sure enough, Henry's femur was broken all the way through.  He is in a harness thing now.  The Dr. said because he is so young, it should fully heal in three weeks and have no lasting effects.  Thank God!  

We usually always make DS1 pick up all his toys before going to bed, but he had fallen asleep on the couch early that night so we didn't.  We should have picked them up ourselves.  Like they say though, hindsight is 20/20.    

Henry, finally seems to be feeling a little better today.  It was a rough weekend though.  DH felt so horrible.  

I am also bummed because with the harness thing on him, I can't breastfeed him.  I am pumping and giving him bottles, I just miss the closeness of actually breastfeeding.  I hope he will go back to it when this is all over.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml