Babies: 0 - 3 Months

xp: BFing, when will it get easier?

This is a repost from the BFing board.  DD is 3 weeks old today and is still having problems latching onto one side and staying awake during feedings even though I do everything I can think of to keep her awake.  Often, she is rooting between feedings due to falling asleep during the feeding or sometimes even if I feel like she got a full feeding.  Granted, she is a tiny baby (probably 5.5 lbs now) but it takes me about 45 minutes to feed and change her at night.  I feed her about every 3 hours and I'm starting to feel super tied down and a little depressed, or maybe its sleep deprivation. I don't want to give her a bottle because she is getting better about BFing (it used to take us at least an hour from start to finish) and don't want to confuse her or make her lazy at the breast.  I EP'd with DS and hated it because I was pumping AND giving a bottle.  I really wanted to avoid that this time but honestly it almost seems like it would be easier at this point.  I know if I stick it out that it will keep getting better, right?  When will it be safe for my DH to start giving her a bottle once a day?  What should I do if she is constantly rooting an hour after I fed her a full feeding?  I don't want her to get into the habit of snacking.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml