2nd Trimester

Circumcision

Okay ~ I know this can be kind of a controversial topic, just know I'm not bringing it up to offend anyone & respect your beliefs & ask others to do the same to one another should you choose to post your opinion:

But where do you stand on this? It's a topic I've seen discussed in random youtube videos but never really in the mainstream.

I'm 85% sure I'm having a girl, would be stoked boy or girl. All I care about is healthy. At the same time, I struggle with the thought of having a boy because of circumcision. Especially since I'd be the one making this life altering decision for my child, not them & this is a part of the body they were born with. I studied a little about FGM & what women go through in other countries. But what's the difference between being a child w/ a shard of glass vs a medical room? They still don't have a choice in the matter, yes it's less invasive than what women go through in other countries, because they go through quite a bit, it's sickening. But at the same time, what's the difference, aside from gender/location/medical supplies-(okay medical supplies are a big difference but still - what if women's sensories were surgically removed depending on culture, is that okay?)? it's still crossing a line, in a sense... But since we're so adjusted to circumcision as a culture - we make these choices without really analyzing.

Yes, they say it's good for cleanliness purposes, etc. but is it really? I mean as a woman, we have to use many hygiene products from TP, feminine wipes, etc... I also read, that for a male, when they're 'mature' it takes away some of their 'pleasure sensory'...

I'm not really sure where I stand but I'd really see myself struggling with the idea, idk Confused.anyone else? And if you disagree w/ me, either way, completely fine, I respect that. All I ask is that you be respectful in your response. I'd like to see where you're coming from as well.