Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Transition from bedshare & LO to sleep w/o rocking/nursing

Hello ladies, I'm new to this board, but I know several of you from the Nov moms board!

For the last 7 weeks LO has been bedsharing with us, which has been working out very well, except my hips and shoulders hurt from sleeping on my side all the time!  I will be going back to work in February and at this point I would like to try and start transitioning LO to sleeping in his crib or the PNP in our room.

I'm not looking to do it quickly, but I'd love it if I could get him to sleep separately for at least a portion of the night so that I can rest well before work.  Also I'm sure it would make things easier for our daycare.

For a while we have been trying to get him to sleep in the RNP, PNP, and other various things, during daytime naps.  He has been doing so fairly well but the problem is I always have to rock or nurse him to sleep first.  Alternatively he will sleep in his car seat or the babybjorn.  Only a handful of times have we been able to put him down and have him fall asleep on his own - still at those times using pacifier or rocknplay rocking.  

During the last 2 days he hasn't slept at all during the day.  I can't even nurse him to sleep!   I'm going to resort to putting him in the babybjorn and doing chores around the house just to get him to nap, because I know the less he naps the worse he'll sleep.

I'd love ideas for getting him to fall asleep w/o rocking or nursing!

Also, for moms who have not done any bedsharing, how long did it take for you to get LO to sleep on his/her own?  How long does your bedtime routine take before LO falls asleep?  

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml