2nd Trimester

High Chairs...worth a big expense??

Hi There,

I just wanted to see if any 2nd+ time moms could help me out here. I know it's early to make a registry, but I'm researching some of the bigger items early so I am informed with what I'm registering. I feel like I might end up buying this stuff myself, especially if I register for super expensive stuff. So that brings me to my question.

When it comes to high chairs, I know safety is most important. But besides that, is it really worth spending upward of $200 on a high chair? My favorite one is the Boon Flair, which is $220. But then I went to the Ikea website and there were high chairs for $20. Granted they were a whole lot less fancy, but they looked functional (I know they were recalled, I saw that too, I was just using it as an example). 

I've heard moms tell me not to go crazy with the registry, there's a lot of stuff they ended up not using or needing, but this is something that will be used for a while. So I'm just looking for opinions or recommendations, any thought would be appreciated. 

Thanks so much! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml