2nd Trimester

Who remembers my "Heavens to Betsy" post about...

my teenage cousin having the baby? I made it last week and I talked about how she didn't know what a baby registry was, cried because she didn't miscarry in her first trimester, thought she didn't need a crib and the baby could sleep in his car seat, etc.?

Well, here's the latest and greatest...

She had decided months ago to name him James Brian. Awesome. Nice, normal, traditional name. Tonight she posted on Facebook that she had come up with a new name!!  *Squeee*

She's now going to name that poor child Calcifer after a demon of fire in some Japanese anime cartoon she saw earlier this week. I tried to talk her out of it, but she won't listen to me. She says if kids make fun of him she will just take him out of school and home school him (I have no issue with home schooling just so we're clear), and regarding what will happen when no one will take him seriously as an adult because of his ridiculous name...she says that he doesn't need any job that would discriminate against him based on his name, so it won't matter.

I'm just at a loss for words with this one. Welcome to the family little Calcifer!