2nd Trimester

Over analyzing? Baby Shower

So, my SIL had her first child a week before christmas. Naturally in anticipation I bought a bunch of gifts, things I planned to give for a shower gift, and then gifts for when the baby was born and meeting.  Well, she didn't have a baby shower before the child was born, so like the rest of my family and all, we just brought all the gifts when we first met the child since we'd assumed she wasn't having a shower. 
Turns out she now is, next week.  So I'm a little withdrawn, as I really don't think I should need to go out and get more gifts, but obviously it would seem bad if I came to the shower without any.

Not sure if it matters or not, but myself and my family have a bit of resentment towards my SIL as she doesn't seem to like our family and my brother is rarely allowed to ever visit with us. At Christmas time, she even told my sister that she couldn't come to visit because she was spending time with her family.  I  want to be there for my brother and neice, but it's hard when my SIL will never have us visit or always rejects our invitations.

What are peoples thoughts, I don't want to say over-reacting, but am I over-analzying this?