Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Outing fail...

So I decided that I would take LO for a walk today. Our 90 degree winter here in sunny southern california made for a beautful day and I need the excercise. I also live around the block from a park so I thought i would make a stop at the park and lay out a blanket and play with LO for a while. Well, I loaded up the stroller with blankets, a diaper bag, a couple of toys, and snacks and water for mama then headed out the door. As soon as the door closed I realized I did not grab my keys.....AAAACCCKKK! I'm locked out of the house with the baby and DH wont be home for several hours!!!! Next thing I know I am trying to scale the wall on the side of the house to get around my fence because I think I left the back door unlocked. It's just a smidge too high to hoist myself up onto...damn! I get a planter pot and turn it over to use as a step...I'm up! But I can't move! It's a long way down onto my neighbors concrete slab and I am just realizing how narrow the brick wall is... This was a bad idea....I try my best to stand up but it just isn't happening. I also determine that if I get over the wall and the door is locked...how will I get back over the wall to be with the baby? I decide it's too risky and abort the effort. I let DH know to put a rush on his outing and I head out. I spent much longer than i had planned at the park and took the long way home to give DH extra time to get home. It didn't work. He was still hours away from coming home. Luckily, I was able to open one of our windows which is usually locked down tight and got in the house. It's a good thing I plan ahead and over pack. If I wasn't able to ge in the house, it would have been an extra 2 hours till DH got home (after already being out for over 3 hours). I hate to think what would have happened if I didn't have formula, diapers, and snacks for myself.