Babies: 0 - 3 Months

11 week old fighting sleep and is a handful for the sitter

My DD does not sleep very well during the day at all. She begins to get fussy after being awake for about an hour because she is getting tired yet she is not tired enough to go to sleep.  I manage fine myself but I started back to work today and the sitter had a time with her. I believe the big problem is a change to her schedule - two days a week she goes to my sister in laws where the sitter watches two additional kids and the remaining three days it is the same sitter at my house with my daughter only. Today was the first day of my LO going to my sister in laws - and it didn't go well. New atmosphere on top of a new person taking care of her (sitter has watched her two previous times at our house) really seemed to mess her up. We swaddle her with swaddle me blankets and she needs her paci (sometimes more of a hinderence as when it falls out it wakes her from falling asleep) yet she is was only half asleep at the most today. This continued into the late afternoon and evening naps after we picked her up. I think she was just worked up from the whole day and I'm hopinng tomorrow is better. When swaddled she seems to fight it to move her arms even as she is just about asleep (when not in it she clasps her hands together when she falls asleep) yet there is no way in hell she can sleep without it because her hands still fly everywhere. I'm a new mother who can't find the right words to help my 19 year old sitter better the situation. It has to get better right?!?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml