2nd Trimester

Really scared....

So the past couple of months, there has been this funky smell in my apartment. We could never tell where it was coming from. Also, every once in a while the carpet would be wet leading into our bedroom closet. I always thought it was weird but since there is no water over there thought I was imagining things.

Last week however, everything changed. The carpet was soaking wet and we had just a strong smell of mildew it made me gag! We moved the dresser away from the walls and found out that a pipe inside the wall had burst and had been leaking probably for a few months through our walls and onto our carpeting. Everything under the dresser was mildew, stuff that was sitting on our closet floor was wet and mildewed!

Now, I'm really scared because I went online to see what could happen if you are pregnant and exposed to mildew. Everything I read said that you could have preterm labor and even birth defects! I'm so worried. I tried to move up my appointment from this Friday to today or tomorrow but the doctor is booked solid. Has anyone experienced this before? Was your baby okay? I'm 15 weeks and 2 days today and I just want my baby to be healthy :(.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker