Babies: 0 - 3 Months

And you're a nurse?? VENT

I need to vent about a friend of mine I went to nursing school with. She's always been much of a bully with her opinions, even if you counter with evidence that she is wrong. She tells you what you need to do, as opposed to what worked for her.

My almost 3 month old was crying while I was trying to breastfeed with a cover bc there were so many people.... My daughter has a hard time eating when there is too much noise. This friend proceeds to tell me that she is old enough for me to start her on formula or cereal and that she will be a different baby. ????? She said she will STTN. I told her that this was actually proven to be a myth recently and that my daughter was STTN for the most part (except for this growth spurt) and she argued that she would sleep longer than 8-9h, like 12h. wtf? I told her I didn't believe in stiffing my kid with useless calories just so she would sleep longer. I also told her that bfeeding was going great and I would have no reason to stop- esp since I produce enough to feed 3-4 children at this point.

And really, who asked you??

Then she proceeded to inform me that picking up my child when she cried after 2 months is my daughter training me/manipulating me. At 2 months. Really? Bc at 2 months, she barely smiles, she doesn't even know she has HANDS (for example) how could she reason enough to manipulate me???

I am mad at myself bc at the time time, I did not even tell her that I didn't have a problem with waking up more to provide my kid with the best possible nutrition. I didn't think of telling her that it was actually my job as a mother to pick up my kids when they cry and that her Dr Spock lecture was a load of crap. I hate having delayed reactions and that I just sat there like a brainwashed student.

I know it's not personal bc she does this to EVERYONE. Still. Angry

/end vent. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml