Single Parents

Police came to my door last night

I recently introduced myself to this board. My ex-fianc? (together 7 years) has a drug problem. He wasn't always using for those 7 years --- I would not have stayed with him. He was a great partner in so many ways. However, he really screwed up this month. He completely relapsed, and he resorted to stealing from his family, my family, and apparently was doing something shady at a store (not sure of the details). Some of this involved physically stealing items and pawning them, and some involved stolen checks. He went off the deep edge. He is in big trouble, and there is a warrant out for him. I broke up with him and sent him on his way a few days ago. It was heartbreaking, as I love him very much, and he truly was a good father to my 5 month old son. He is in rehab right now, but there is no turning back in this relationship. Even if I was weak, my family would disown me. I know it's best for my son to not be around his ups and downs, although I do plan on encouraging them to have a relationship. The cops came knocking at my door looking for him last night. They didn't believe he was here, and they searched the place. Of course all his belongings are still around, his photos are still up, and that made them think that I was lying. I imagine they will be watching the place. Luckily, he truthfully isn't here. I am scared for him. Looks like jail is in his future. He put himself in quite a mess. It's amazing how drugs can ruin your life. I can't believe that my infant son will have a father in prison. This is not my life. There is no way thatbthis can be my life.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml