2nd Trimester

Pregnancy sanity advice

Hi ladies!

So my hormones got the best of me last night and I had a breakdown. My husband and I are expecting our first (18 weeks along now) and we live 1,000 miles away from any of our family. And because of the are we live in we have had some unexpected surprises when it comes to insurance and costs expected so he's picked up a second job to help cover the cost of insurance and future childcare costs. We have friends here but nobody who has children, they are more focused on parties and having a good time. I am especially frustrated because the girls I have had contact with live in a totally different world than me so I don't really have any female friends that I have anything in common with.

Basically I think my breakdown had to do with financial stress and loneliness. Do you girls have any suggestions about how to deal with this this stuff? Suggestions on how to attempt to find some other mother's to be or at least build a support system so I don't lose my mind? I know I can always join a mommy group after baby arrives in June and that will help too..

Thanks for letting me vent!

Crazy in South Florida