Single Parents

Eventful Christmas, Jail, TPO and Emergency Custody....

Long story short as possible, my ExFiance, who has a problem with drugs, came over to give LO gifts on Christmas day, he was arguing with me about LO nap time and became increasingly aggitated and irrate. One thing lead to another and I asked him to leave, he refused stating that this is his son and he used to live here too. I picked up my phone to call a friend who lives about 5 mins away whose husband is friends with me EX, thinking he could maybe talk him down and he thought I was calling for the police. He started yelling at me and ended up throwing a wine accessory gift set directly at me, then he was coming towards me as I headed to the open the front door and yell for help. He punched two holes in my closet door while looking directly at me. My son was in the room the entire time but my EX was standing between us and I thought it was be safer for me to go outside and scream for help and call attention to myself than to stay inside and try to pass him to get to LO and stay behind closed doors. I went outside and screamed for help and three of my neighbors came over. I dont know if I have ever been so scared of a person in my life. I called 911. He left. Cops called him and he refused to meet with to give them his side of the story. They ended up finding him and arresting him.

I was able to get a family protective order which included my son and I and I have filed for emergency custody and the hearing has been set. I am asking for supervised visits until he can get his drug and anger problem under control.

Before this, I was trying to be nice and work things out on our own. I was scared that if I filed for custody he would take LO and run off with him. Now that the TPO is in place I feel better about the situation. The fact that the emergency custody hearing was granted is a good sign in itself.

I am staying strong and I know I am doing this to protect my son. If his dad can prove he can stay sober and be a responsible parent, I will do nothing but encourage a relationship between my son and his father.  Until then, he needs to get himself some help or he will wind up dead or behind bars.

Its sad to me that drugs can ruin a person like this. My Ex was a really fun loving, easy to get a long with kind of guy and everyone loved him. Drugs took over his life and he is completely out of control, mean, aggresive, short-tempered, etc.  It really does break my heart.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml