Babies: 0 - 3 Months

need help with crib transition

Ok, so I've ready plenty of these posts here, but nothing seems to be working for me.

Earlier this week we decided it was time to start transitioning into the crib. For the previous few weeks, she would sleep maybe a few hours early in the night in her RnP, then need to be held by either me or DH while the other one gets some sleep. 

Well DH had surgery last week and will be on crutches for 6 weeks, so he can't help as much with her. 

Now I can't seem to to put her down for any portion of the night. I tried starting a bedtime routine. I nurse her, rock her, and when she's sound asleep I lay her in the crib. I've tried putting a heating pad on the crib before laying her down so it's warm. I rolled blankets on either side of her to keep her snug. She's swaddled. My tank top that I wore all day is wrapped around one of the blankets so she has my smell. I have white noise. She wakes right up. I think the first night I got 30 minutes out of her. Now I get none. I try to just go in and soothe her when she wakes, but she won't go back to sleep.

I have resorted to just holding her in my own bed with my arm propped on a pillow. I get a great night's sleep now, and she seems to also- she wakes 2 or 3 times to nurse and I can just lay there, then we both fall back to sleep. 

But I can't help but feel we really need to start getting her in a crib. During the day most of her naps are spent in our arms as well. 

What else do I do? Keep at it? How long should the transition take? How many times per night do I attempt to lay her in the crib? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml