2nd Trimester

Out-of-town wedding when baby is 6 weeks - which would you rather do...?

I would love an opinion from some second-time moms. My husband's best friend is getting married in late June, and he's the Best Man. The wedding is in LA, which is a 4.5-hour plane ride from here.

I really want to go, but I'll definitely pay the extra cost for a possible refund on my ticket, because I know that there's a million things that could happen to make me not want to go.

So here are my options:

Leave baby at home with either my parents or parents-in-law. I'd be gone for 2 nights. My big fear with this is that I plan to BF and am worried that she wouldn't take a bottle, or else wouldn't want to go back to the breast.

Bring the baby, and my parents-in-law offered to come with us at their own expense. They're not going to the wedding so they would watch the baby. If DH ended up flying out earlier than me, they would come with me and help me haul all the baby gear I'd have to take. This sounds great to me, except for the fact that my tiny baby would have to take two long airplane rides Indifferent

I'd love to hear some opinions and any possible pitfalls to either of these plans that I haven't thought of. And if you think that either of these is not feasible with a 6-week-old baby, feel free to say that too. I admit I don't know what I'm getting myself into.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml