2nd Trimester

Any moms of boys who aren't sure about circumsicion?

and disagreeing with your DH about it?

I don't even know if this is the right board for this question but it's been really bothering me lately and I am really torn on the subject.  I will admit that most of the reasons agaist, to me, have to do with inflicting pain on a tiny baby, and I am very nervous about taking care of it, being that neither MH nor I have ever been around babies, much less cared for one.  Between BFing, healing, and generally adapting to parenthood, this is the one extra hassle I don't want to introduce.  I also think that ideally it should be something one chooses to do, and clearly our son won't have that choice if we make it for him.  So long before kids were even on my radar, I always assumed that this wouldn't be done.

DH is of a completely different school of thought with regard to this subject.  He feels pretty strongly about the health benefits of this and aestetics (I am completely neutral on that regard, having been with both kinds I don't feel any "performance differences" for lack of a better word.  He also wants his son to look like him, which I can understand.  So for a while there, I was leaning towards doing it because his reasons made sense, and ultimately he knows more about male parts being an owner of one that I do.

What really complicates matters is my parents who are pretty much at war with me over everything relating to this child.  I had hoped things would be different but in reality I am not that surprised, other than I am somehow genetically related to them - we really couldn't be more different.  They hate the name we picked out, that I don't follow their traditions, the fact that we are most likely going to send him to daycare, and everything about how we plan to raise him.  With regard to circumcision, their opinion is that I've "fallen prey to American ways" and it's nothing more nothing less than mutilation.

On an off chance that someone has been in a similar situation, how did you deal and what did you decide?  I am absolutely sick over this and pg hormones are probably not making it any better....

***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12