Single Parents

you ladies will love this...

I hope everyone had a very Merry Holiday. 

Ex was supposed to have visitation Christmas Day from 2-6 and today 9-6. His flight landed at 10:00 and he calls me from the car rental place saying that they wont release a car to him because the name on the credit card doesn't match his. His GF booked the car for him. So I tell him to take our public  train systems and then take a cab to my house when he  gets to the station. He gets to the station and there aren't any cabs. So I honestly start feeling bad for him. I told him after we ate brunch I would come get him since its about 5 miles from my mom's house. I picked him up around 1 (thought it wouldnt hurt to sit there a while...) and brought him back to my house for the family festivities. Now, since he didn't have a car, he was stuck at my house. I was OK with this because I knew DS wasn't going anywhere! He stays for dinner and helps put Wyatt to bed and then his ride who was supposed to pick him up flaked out, so he had to sleep on my Moms couch downstairs. He wakes up before me, gets Wyatt up, feeds him, plays with him and I slept in until 9:30 lol. 

He wanted to take DS to see his mom (who I've never met!), so I jumped at the opportunity and said I'd go along (esp since he was taking my car). It wasn't half bad. We visited his grandfather in the retirement home, and grabbed lunch. We hung out the rest of the day and I just dropped him off at the station again. He filled my car up with gas and bought lunch.  

I thought I was going to go crazy being around him for 2 days but we put whatever differences we had aside and focused on the holiday and family. I figured since he was trying super hard I would do my part and help him.  We had a decent time together. The icing on the cake was he told me he landed a job, has been through training and starts tomorrow! I hope he can keep this one... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml