2nd Trimester

The Business of Being Born and all the baby shows

So I finally watched the Business of Being Born.  I am 95% going to have to have a c-section so wasn't all that interested in seeing it but went ahead anyway.  By the end I was a hysterical mess because I feel like I won't even have a choice and it makes c-sections look like the devil.  But that is beside the point.

Now I am watching all of these baby shows in a new light.  Maybe it is coincidence, but nearly every one I have seen so far has been a scheduled induction and they don't really say what the reason is for induction.  Lots have ended in c-sections.  On the one, the baby was fine, no where near ready, not even in the right position and she was just right around her due date. Ended up with a c-section. 

Another example was a lady a week past her due date, so more understandable, but the induction ended up in a scary emergency c-section.  Everything was being so forced along.I mean maybe the due date was just off a bit?   Another induction ended with the doctor basically yanking the baby out. These shows are starting to make me really mad!

I understand if there is some serious reason not to wait and let nature take its course.  Either there is none or they just don't explain it on the show.  It just seems like a routine thing.  I don't get it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml